Why are blog SEO tips important anyway?
SEO means search engine optimization. Basically, it’s the practice of optimizing on-site and off-site factors on your page in order for Google or other search engines to place your site at the top of the rankings.
If you are able to master a few good blog SEO tips, then you’re WAY ahead in the game! It means much more free exposure and traffic for your blog that you don’t have to maintain.
The vast majority of people out there blogging have no idea how to get their posts ranked. So, especially if you’re an MLM blogger, this can mean much more sales for you and a big advantage over the rest of the industry!
So, here are 7 Blog SEO Tips for you to get head and shoulders above the rest:
1. Research a keyword before you write the post! Use the Google External Keyword Tool and type in words until you find a relevant keyword with low competition and a decent amount of searches.
2. Take that keyword and place it in the title, tags, description, and several times throughout your post. Your keyword density should be 1-2.5%.
3. Use H1, H2, and H3 tags with the keyword (in WordPress, it’s very easy to see what these mean and how to use them).
4. Use your keyword in the first and last sentence of the post.
5. Use the keyword as the name of the picture in your post.
6. Make sure the keyword is in the permalink.
7. Write articles and submit them to article directories with a backlink to the post.
Also, the age of your blog and your overall Alexa ranking help with your posts getting indexed at the top by Google. If your posts don’t immediately rank, don’t get discouraged! It may simply take more time.
Hope these blog SEO tips help you to get more free traffic to your blog!